Being Inspired passing it on
Let me tell you a quick story and the moral I have for it.
I have been coaching girls softball for the last 12 years. This year was going to be my last.
After our final tournament in Iowa two of the team members (Elaina Beth) asked if I could give them a ride. The ride was 6 1/2 hours and the conversation turned out to be the greatest I have ever had in the 47 years I have been living.
Elaina and I had been talking for about two hours when the discussion of people who have influenced her life came up. I asked Elaina to think hard and tell me who has been truly inspirational in her life of 17 years other than her parents.
She told stories of 4 people who have inspired her and how they did it. The next question I asked that if she ever communicated to them in spoken or written words on how they inspired her life. I told her that it is a great reward to those people if she would tell them.
Beth was sitting in the back seat and we thought she was sleeping. The entire time she had been listening to our conversation. She was crying the entire time but, catching her breath, Beth spoke up and told Elaina how much of a role model she is to her and also shared with Elaina that there are many underclass students that looked at her as a role model.
Then Elaina turned to me with tears running down her cheeks and....... continue reading
http://www.nidokidos.org/threads/8656
Posted by: Jaffer Kassam <Jafferkassam@gmail.com>
| Reply via web post | • | Reply to sender | • | Reply to group | • | Start a New Topic | • | Messages in this topic (1) |
NidokidoS Group for best of forwarded mails
To join us , send an email to
nidokidos-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Be the part of Nidokidos , Join our Forum
http://tinyurl.com/emailforum
to share your emails with us, send them at
nidokidos@yahoogroups.com
===================================================

No comments:
Post a Comment